Welcome to the RailsConf 2013 Tutorials track. Below you’ll find general setup instructions and links/resources for each session.
Join the group chat room at http://railsconftutorials.com/chat
General Setup Instructions
To get the most out of tutorial sessions, it’s expected that you have:
- a laptop
- Git and Ruby 1.9.3 installed
Check out Jumpstart Lab’s system setup guide for a step-by-step walkthrough for multiple platforms.
- 11:30 - 1:00 – How a Request Becomes a Response with Christopher Green & Aimee Simone from EnvyLabs
- 2:00 - 3:30 – Acceptance Testing with Capybara & RSpec with Brian Sam-Bodden from Integrallis
- 4:00 - 5:30 – Rails is Just Ruby with Jesse Wolgamott from Comal Productions
- 11:30 - 1:00 – Test-Driven Development: Tools, Techniques, and Discipline with Harlow Ward and Adarsh Pandit from thoughtbot
- 2:00 - 3:30 – Testing Complex Systems with Noel Rappin from Table XI
- 4:00 - 5:30 – Ruby Libraries Important for Rails with Michael Hartl